Thanks For Visiting Carputing
Are you a car enthusiast?
Well, you are on the right track. Like you, we have the passion for cars and not only cars but high-value cars.
We are carputing.com. We are into cars and car accessories. We are one of the leaders in the industry, not because of how long we’ve been in the business, but because of how we blend service and passion.
Our assets, which are our people, the confidence of our distributor partners and most of all, the continued patronage of our clients, that’s the reason why we are on top.
With us, you are not merely a customer. You are a partner.
Back many years ago, maintenance of vehicles relied more on the experience of the technician, and often, they are doing trial and error, just to get to the problem accurately. It will be a normal situation seeing cars or any vehicles along the side of the highway, with people waiting for the repairs to be done.
Years later, upon introduction of a computer system, almost everything is computerized. Fuel lines, braking systems, suspension and air conditioning systems are all triggered by computer and electronic chips. As new vehicles come out on the market, the newer is the technology; the better are the features.
Same goes for the maintenance of the said vehicles. Gone is the time of trial and errors, of going from parts to parts testing for defects. New tools and apparatus are introduced. All you have to do is plug in the apparatus, and there you go, it points out the exact damage location.
They are called On-Board Diagnostics(OBD).
Most cars from 1996 onwards, there is already a standardized computer system. With that, OBD was introduced. You just have to plug it into your vehicle, and it will go through the system and diagnose every problem. When something is wrong, a malfunction light indicator light up on the dashboard. The driver will know that there is a problem, but he doesn’t know what it is.
This is the time OBD is used. However, there are two common OBD’s introduced to the public. The OBD1 and OBD2.
Here is some basic difference between the two.
1. OBD1 is an older version and a semi-automatic, self-diagnostic system of the vehicle. It was introduced in 1991; it was then designed to set a standard for car manufacturers to follow. However, it has limitations in its function, While OBD2 is the newer version and automatic. Most of the vehicles after 1996 are using an OBD2 system.
2. They both check sensors and circuits within the system for defects.
3. OBD1 is more focus on the fuel consumed and emission the car is producing and the discharge of the vehicle. Introduce in 1991; it sets before the standard of the amount of emission a car has to produce. Though it wasn’t able to get to success because of many car manufacturers, have a different level of emissions for their vehicles. Standards were not set to make it compatible with OBD1.
4. OBD2 was designed after the failure of the earlier versions 1 and 1.5 While the older versions focus mainly on the emission of the vehicles, OBD2, is a more complex tool that takes into account different calculations and codes, which can diagnose the problem accurately.
5. OBD2 gains success in its implementation, because of the options and standard set in them.
6. OBD1 is using CEL and SES as instructions, while OBD2 uses C2132.
OBD’s are automotive scanners, which add more value to cars today. It makes easier to maintain and detect the incoming trouble of our cars. Gone is the time for mechanics to crawl down the vehicles, conduct those tiring trial and error of some parts before they were able to identify a problem. It is so time-consuming for everyone.
With the latest and more complex system of cars today, it is easier for owners to detect malfunctions in their car’s system. Early detection will prevent accidents and save lives. It also helps to prolong the roadworthiness of the car. On-Board Diagnostic(OBD) tools are a crucial tool that we need, to have safe travel. It lessens tragedy while on the road.
How we operate
Welcome to Carputing.com. Here we will guide you through our site, for you to know us better. Going through the pages will help you understand our way of doing things and how we value our clients.
Here, we always give importance to our guests, what they need and their expectations. That is the reason, why we design this site, with focus on user-friendliness.
It is for you to explore our site with so much ease.
All because that’s what we are. We put value first.